The Salesforce Summer ’23 Release starts rolling out this weekend. And Jo Ann Woodcock put together an outline of some of the most important features and highlights. The Sandbox previews are already out, and releases start THIS WEEKEND. Let us know if you’ve got any questions or if we can help you with the transition to new features it the Spring ’23 release.
- Sandbox previews started 5/6
- Release Weekends: 5/19, 6/2, 6/9
What Users May Notice
These items will be implemented automatically, with no action from Admins.
- Improved Color Contrast. Brighter colors on standard object icons, buttons, links, editing icons, and messages.
- MFA enforced in additional orgs.
- Object name on record tab: When viewing a record, in addition to the record name, the name of the object also appears on the tab
- These Account features are being retired with Winter ’24 (the next release)
- News – will no longer be available to put on page layouts
- Account Logos (shows company logo on record pages)
- Automated Account Fields (suggests possible account names when reps start typing in an Account name)
- Ability to add Images, Rich Text, and Widgets to the Dashboard. Text element could be a button to launch a flow.
- Multiple Dashboard Filters on a Single Dashboard.
Easy Adds for the Near Future
Features easily added/enabled by Admins with no change to business processes
- Lightning Page layout improvements
- Create quotes without an Opportunity
Possible Road Map Items
Available features that require some effort or analysis before the implementation.
- Salesforce Payments is now Generally Available. This used to be a managed package but is now included on the Salesforce platform.
For the Techies
Features used by Admins and Developers with no immediate impact on end users.
- Set Field Level Security (FLS) on Permission Sets instead of profiles. The current best practice is to use permission sets for field-level security. New enhancements also improve the visibility and management of permission set permissions.
- Limit on Inactive Picklist Values – there can only be 4,000 inactive picklist values; the limit is now enforced.
- Ability to Clone Lightning Apps
- Log Emails Sent with the Send Email Action
- Use Email Templates in the Send Email Action
- Choice Lookup – Gives users a list of choices for easy selection
- Process Builders can no longer be created
- Process to Flow migration tool works with more types of Process Builders