Do you know what a voluntold admin is? It’s a person who has some interest in how Salesforce works at your company. Since no one else does, they are called Salesforce Administrators without proper training or guidance. It always happens, but it is not a lasting or productive solution.
What Can Be Done?
There are several things your company can do to help the person who handles Salesforce administration at your company pass the certification exam and, more importantly, administrate your system more efficiently:
- Study materials: Encourage them to review the official Salesforce study materials, such as the Administrator and Advanced Administrator Study Guides and Trailheads.
- Practice tests: Encourage them to take practice tests to familiarize themselves with the certification exam’s format and types of questions. An excellent resource for this is Focus on Force. Their courses are fantastic, and their practice tests are like official Salesforce tests.
- Hands-on experience: Ensure they have enough hands-on experience working with Salesforce – especially in a designated sandbox – to apply their knowledge to real-world scenarios.
- Attend training sessions: Encourage them to attend training sessions, either in-person or online, to learn from experienced Salesforce professionals.
- Join a study group: Encourage them to join a study group or online community of Salesforce professionals to discuss study materials, ask questions, and share tips and strategies for passing the certification exam.
- Take the certification exam: Encourage them to take it once they feel ready.
- Consider hiring a Salesforce consultant: If the person cannot pass the certification exam or if your system needs more help than a new administrator can handle, consider hiring a Salesforce consultant to handle the administration and management of Salesforce.
At Cloud Next Level, we can help your voluntold OR certified admin work within your system better. We have a managed service plan to meet your needs if you need us for a few hours a month or a few hours a day.